Amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, Argest has the safety and health of our team, clients and the wider community at the forefront of our minds. We want to provide you with an update on what we’re doing in light of the pandemic.
At this time, we are working hard to ensure this situation will not impact our ability to continue to deliver our Building Warrant of Fitness, IQP and Sprinkler Inspections services to you. We want to ensure you are able to continue to meet the requirements of the Building Act 2004 to keep your building safe and compliant. Argest has developed a COVID-19 response plan to ensure that we can look after our team and continue to deliver our services efficiently.
Here’s an overview of some of Argest’s current initiatives:
- We are following Ministry of Health guidelines and directing staff to remain at home if they are feeling unwell
- We are able to have our people to work remotely from home for BWOF management and already have this in place and tested
- We have put a COVID-19 Policy in place for our inspectors and subcontractors who have to go on to a customer site
- Our COVID-19 Policy includes strict directives for our inspectors not to attend site if there is any chance of COVID-19 exposure or other illnesses
- We have instigated an additional step to confirm with our clients that sites are safe to enter and be made aware of additional protocols we need to follow in regards to that site’s pandemic plan
- We have arranged for our team to receive the latest flu vaccination
- We have shared best practice health tips with our team, instigated extra hygiene precautions and informed our team of the need for social distancing practices
What we ask of you:
- Even if you have your staff working from home or have skeleton staff, you will still need to have your Specified Systems, like fire alarms and sprinklers, tested and inspected so your building can have a current Building Warrant of Fitness. You will need to provide our inspectors and testers with access. This will be done with under tightly managed conditions including strictly enforced distancing
- If your site cannot be accessed due to the presence of COVID-19, or the building is being used for self-isolation, please contact us immediately so that we can defer inspections
- If people at your site become unwell prior to an inspection and will be present at the planned time of an inspection or test, please advise us immediately so that we can defer inspections
- Please advise us if there are special conditions and protocols you need our inspectors to follow when on your site in relation to COVID-19 so that we can communicate that to them
- If you have any other face to face meetings booked in with us, please talk to us about changing to “Teams” video or phone conference
Argest is following a policy of doing everything it can to help keep our clients and staff safe. While we have had to put new measures in place, we are also keen to minimise disruption and continue to deliver our services to you as normally as possible.
We would like to thank you for your co-operation and support at this time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your Argest Contracts Manager.